Sunday, December 23, 2012

Alicia Buelow Collages


Alicia Buelow is a San Francisco-based illustrator and designer who integrates traditional media with found objects, text, digital images and photographs to create rich, deeply-textured work. She creates artwork for magazines, newspapers, and advertising. "My work reflects the relationships between technology, nature, and anatomy, as described by our everyday emotional and physical experiences."


"When building an image, I start with a background texture created from traditional materials by painting, scraping, drawing, and gluing imagery onto a surface. I also take tons of photos for source backgrounds such as faded, peeling, and rusted surfaces. I scan the photos and hand-made backgrounds on my flatbed scanner, then add other elements digitally."



No comments:

Post a Comment